Monday, February 28, 2011

Halleluiah for the Good News!

Wow, guess who's vacation has been the most fabulous assortment of amazing news, the variety of excellent reports!
Mine :3

To begin with, everything went so erfectly in my medical life that I feel like a brand new person, honestly.

Secondly, I received confirmation that I have made it to the final selection of the YES (Youth Exchange and Study) program! This program is a federally and privately sponsored foreign exchange that deals specifically with getting American students to one of ten middle-eastern countries with significant muslim population. I am so excited, they're flying me to Denver Colorado over a weekend in March to asses us. By 'us' I refer to the 75 national finalists, 2/3 of which will be selected to travel to one of these countries:
Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Mali (semester only), Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Thailand, and Turkey.

Now, I understand to political and social uprisings and demonstrations that have taken place is a few of these countries, but I would like to assure you of my optimism regarding my safety. And just think! I'll be there with the peopel when history is being rewritten! When these countries throw off the yoke of opressive governments and take up one of political freedom!

As you can see, I am truly optimistic about this. The email notification said at the Crown Plaza we will participate in various team-building games and activities where the observers will analyze ur actions to choose the people best suited to represent our country. This is the reason I cheer, I have had extensive CIT training, and the games we play with the campers (in my case, girl scouts) the girls participate in activities similar to team-building games. I know what the organizers are looking for, because I have looked for it myself!

It's that purpose, that collaborative leadership that puts a spark in a child that we search for. It's the little bit of arogance in thinking that maybe you, yes you, could be a big part of a team, that you could gain the respect of your peers and work together with them to make the world a better place. This is what they look for.


In other news, I've been increasinly inspired by fantasy/sci-fi characters for the pieces I design and create. The major thing with fantasy is that it's all about imagination, and that's really my forte if I should be so bold :)

Any-hoo, I hope everyones' February vacation rocked their socks! We're onto that last strech of school before summer break and the air is full of renewed anticipation of the renewed world, full of optimistic intentions about things to come!

Who am I to deny it? Am I a dork for quoting Shakespeare about this?

What fire is in mine ears? Can this be true?
Stand I condemn'd for pride and scorn so much?
Contempt, farewell! and maiden pride, adieu!
No glory lives behind the back of such.
And, Benedick, love on; I will requite thee,
Taming my wild heart to thy loving hand:
If thou dost love, my kindness shall incite thee
To bind our loves up in a holy band;
For others say thou dost deserve, and I
Believe it better than reportingly.
~ Much Ado About Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment